March 2022: $17 Million for the Fifth District
This past week, I was proud to announce that we successfully brought over $17 million in funding to Minnesota’s 5th District! This includes everything from support for entrepreneurs on the Northside, fire protection in Cedar Riverside, health clinics in Brooklyn Center & Lakeside, workforce development and clean energy jobs. The funding will be felt throughout the district and help countless Minnesotans get back on their feet in the wake of a devastating pandemic and economic crisis. You can find the full list below.
- $1,000,000 for Northside Economic Opportunity Network
- $1,800,000 for Wadaag Commons Housing in Seward
- $500,000 for Sabathani Community Center Building Revitalization Project
- $2,000,000 for North Commons Regional Vision
- $3,000,000 for Minneapolis American Indian Center, All Roads Campaign
- $2,000,000 for Fire Protection Upgrades in High-Rise Public Housing
- $1,000,000 for Comunidades Organizando el Poder y la Accion Latina Education Fund, Minneapolis, MN for workforce development activities
- $1,000,000 for Avivo, Minneapolis for workforce training related to clean energy and green building
- $100,000 for a City of Brooklyn Center, MN health initiative
- $4,600,000 for rebuilding Hennepin Healthcare East Lake Clinic
Event with Community Leaders
On Monday, I was joined by Attorney General Keith Ellison, Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey, and community leaders throughout the district for an event at North Commons Rec Center celebrating the new funding. You can watch the event here.
Speaking in Support of the People of Ukraine
This past week I spoke on the House floor in solidarity with the people of Ukraine. As we support Ukraine in their fight against Russia’s brutal invasion, we must avoid the knee-jerk calls that risk nuclear war. A no-fly zone is not simply declared, it must be militarily enforced. It would mean the beginning of World War III. We must reject this completely.
I am proud to stand for peace. You can watch the full speech here.
Join Our Town Hall
On Tuesday, March 29th at 5:30pm CT, our office will hold our March town hall. We will discuss the conflict in Ukraine, our community project funding, and what’s happening in Congress. I look forward to answering your questions. You can register here.
Our District Office is here to serve you. Our office has helped thousands of constituents with cases ranging from difficulties with Medicare, Social Security, the VA, immigration, and more. We will do everything in our power to fight for you and get you the help you need. If you or someone you know needs assistance, please contact my District Office at (612) 333–1272. You can watch our district office video highlighting our constituent casework services here.
Member of Congress